Everyone faces brokenness at some point, and we all have issues and trials. Including you.
Brokenness is a time of pain and sorrow. You may feel so damaged you can’t function normally, and getting through the day becomes a struggle. Perhaps you have given up or fallen into despair.
But, take heart, because there is hope. Others have experienced what you are facing and made it through. There are people who can help, and steps you can take to find wellness.
And understand that when brokenness challenges your self-sufficiency, it may lead you to finally acknowledge you can’t get through on your own. Hopefully, you call out to God, perhaps more deeply than you have ever done before. When that happens, brokenness can be a good thing.
If you want to learn how to deal with issues and brokenness, you will find hope in the stories below. Pick topics that apply to situations you are dealing with in your life and click on that link:
Getting through tough times
- Life’s many problems – Facing a Midlife Crisis
- Dealing with trials – Adjusting Our Perspective
- Developing resilience – When Life is Not Perfect
- How trials help us – The Benefits of Tough Times
- When everything goes wrong – The Birth of Hope
- How tough times prepare us to help other people – The Value of a Crucible Experience
“Trials make you strong. Failure makes you humble. Challenges make you strive. Life keeps you going and growing.” (Kemi Sogunle)
How to deal with issues, bad habits, and addiction
- Recognizing bad habits, compulsions, and idols – It’s Okay, We All Have Issues
- Taking steps to address our issues – Life Improvement Steps for Modern Times
- Compulsive habits and addiction – Are We All Addicted to Something?
- Understanding addiction and idols – What is Addiction?
- Determining if we have alcohol issues – Is It Okay to Drink?
- Learning about teenage addiction – Why Teenagers Take Drugs
- Dealing with teen addiction – What To Do if Your Teenager is Taking Drugs
“The pain you feel today is the strength you feel tomorrow.”
Handling brokenness in relationships
- Risks facing your kids – Who Is Teaching Your Kids?
- Understanding teenage issues – Becoming An Adult
- Parenting problems – 10 Mistakes Parents Makes
- Handling family disputes – A Smack in the Face
- Lack of friends – How to Have More Friends
“Our life is full of brokenness – broken relationships, broken promises, broken expectations. How can we live with that brokenness without becoming bitter and resentful except by returning again and again to God’s faithful presence in our lives.” (Henri Nouwen)
When we are broken by circumstances
- Avoiding money issues – Managing Money Wisely
- A child in danger – A Parent’s Worst Nightmare
- Dealing with aging – The Art of Getting Older
- Life-threatening disease – Dealing With Cancer
- Dying – What Do You Say When Words Don’t Fit?
“Brokenness is often the road to breakthrough. Be encouraged.” (Tony Evans)
Making our way through personal trials
- Finding purpose in life – The Meaning of Life
- Learning to handle worry and control – Let It Go
- Correcting our mistakes – Mistakes Can Change Your Life
- Dealing with issues men face – What Makes a Real Man?
- Pride, perfectionism, and control – The Cost of High Achievement
- Shortcomings of leaders – A Crash Course in Effective Leadership
“Brokenness is the shattering of my self-will – the absolute surrender of my will to the will of God. It is saying ‘Yes, Lord!’ – no resistance, no chafing, no stubbornness – simply submitting myself to His direction and will in my life.” (Nancy Leigh DeMoss)
Facing spiritual brokenness
- Different ways that people search for God – How to Find God
- Dealing with spiritual issues – Getting Treatment for Spiritual Myopia
- Having peace even when bad things happen – Finding a Pathway to Peace
Question: In what areas do you need help on how to deal with issues and brokenness?
Action: Determine what changes you will make to deal with any issues you are facing.